I was able to pick Luna up on Friday, July 7th, 2017. She was very nervous and had a rough day to say the least. Two airplane rides and a freight truck drive was a bit much for the little lady. However, when I got her out of her crate and gave her some love we instantly became best friends and I knew she was just what Hough was looking for. I brought her home and my kids were so excited to finally meet her in person. Luna did great coming to our home! She has been my little black shadow and I have loved every second! She doesn’t like to be more than a couple feet from me at this point. It’ sort of like having a toddler all over again! I no longer get to go to the bathroom alone, she has to follow me everywhere, she naps for a couple hours in the afternoon and she won’t go to the bathroom without me watching her. 🙂 Good thing I’m not that far outside of the toddler stage so I’m adjusting well to her as well.
Luna is just now 7 months old and acts very much like a puppy. She wiggles her bum when she runs, sits all the way back on her hind legs, and her magnificent puppy breath is almost more than I can handle.
Here is what we know about Luna so far:
- She LOVES to be pet on the head.
- She doesn’t like to be away from people, especially me.
- She really likes BLUEBERRIES.
- She needs time to get used to new places and people.
- Cuddles are her favorite.
- Stuffed squeaky toys and bones are her two favorite things to play with.
- Walking on a leash is really fun.
- Fire hydrants are really frightening (not sure why on this but she avoids them at all cost!)
- Her black fur makes her really hot on warm days so she sticks to the shade.
- She is absolutely, positively, ridiculously adorable!
I am so proud of her transition to Washington and can’t wait for her to start working at Hough and playing with the kids. She’s has no idea the impact she will make, but from what I have seen so far it will be truly life changing.
Until next time,